1. Natalie Cole was born at Cedars of Lebanon Hospital in Los Angeles
2. Natalie rose to musical success in the mid–1970s as an R&B artist with the hits “This Will Be”, “Inseparable”, and “Our Love”. After a period of failing sales and performances due to a heavy drug addiction
3. Her biggest success, Unforgettable… with Love, which sold over seven million copies and also won Cole numerous Grammy Awards. She sold over 30 million records worldwide.
4. Cole died at the age of 65 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, due to congestive heart failure
5. Regarding her childhood, Cole referred to her family as “the black Kennedys” and was exposed to many great singers of jazz, soul and blues. At the age of 6, Natalie sang on her father’s Christmas album and later began performing at age 11.
6. Cole enrolled in Northfield School, an elite New England preparatory school before her father died of lung cancer in February 1965
7. Cole was married three times
8. Cole was active in the Afghan World Foundation cause
9. Cole’s son, Robert Adam “Robbie” Yancy (born October 15, 1977); he is now a musician who toured with her
10. Cole said she began recreational drug use while attending the University of Massachusetts Amherst