Here are 10 things you do not know about Sindi Dlathu also known as Thandaza Mokoena on Muvhango
- She has been playing the character Thandaza since 1997
She is one of only three actors who have appeared on Muvhango since its inception in 1997 – the other two are Marabeli Rasalanavho and Maumela Mahuwa
- Sindi’s acting career came by chance, she entered a competition where she mimed and Aretha Franklin cover of The Beatles song “Let It Be” and won at age 11.
- At 14 she was cast as the lead role’s understudy in the stage version of Sarafina.
- She completed her matric in 1996, and then went back to performing arts, stage plays in 1997 she was in the FNB Vita Award winning Game, where she performed with Mary Twala, Abigail Kubheka, and Nomhle Nkonyeni.
- Her first TV role was in Khululeka, she did a series with them, she then went on to do Soul City in season 3, where she played Nomfundo.
- Sindi’s threatre productions include Madiepetsana and a FNB Vita Award in 2003 for Best Actress in the The Suit, locally performed at the Civic Theatre with an international run at an Amsterdam festival.
- She has been together with the man she married for over 18 years
- Sindi gives the credit to Nomsa who was involved with the Mahotella Queens at the time and groomed her for show business.