Eric Eden As Victor
Here are 10 things you do not know about Eric popularly known as Victor on The Young and The Restless
- His real name is Eric Braden and he is 73 years of age
- He originally is from Germany
- He has been playing the Victor character since 1980
- In 1997, he played Colonel John Jacob Astor IV in the blockbuster film Titanic cast because he strongly resembled the powerful millionaire
- His son, Christian Gudegast, is a screenwriter who co-wrote the film A man apart, which starred Vin Diesel and was nominated for a Teen Choice Awards in 2003.
- Braeden won Distinguished German-American of the year, in 1990.
- Braeden is regarded as a very good tennis player
- Lew Wasserman of Universal Pictures told him that no one would be allowed to star in an American film if they had a German name. After much thought he took the name Braeden from his hometown of Bredenbek.
- He has been nominated 9 times on the Daytime Emmy awards for outstanding lead actor on the young and the restless, and has won twice.
- Actor Clarence Williams III and former boxer Ken Norton are two of his best friends