After a multi-disciplinary team under the command of the Provincial Commander of Organise Crime, Colonel Wilmo Vermeulen terminated Project Blue Tooth during the early hours of 15 October 2020 in the greater Springbok area.
Project Blue Tooth was registered in 2018 specifically aimed at clamping down on the distribution of drugs and dealing in the Namakwa area.
During the take down operations executed, the police arrested five (5) males aged 59, 34, 47, 58 and 42 respectively and one female aged 39 in Okiep and Springbok.
The six suspects as follows:
1. Thamsanqa Kauma released on R5000-00 bail,
2. Ayanda Hono released on R1000-00 bail
3. Anthony Zulu released on R1000-00 bail
4. Riaan Maarman released on R1000-00 bail
5. Kheshile Samede released on R1000-00 bail appeared on 16 October 2020 in the Springbok Magistrate court.
The sixth suspect remains in custody for a formal bail application.
The case has been postponed until 20 October 2020.