Reiger Park 2-Year-Old Toddler’s Alleged Rapist Released Due To A Lack Of Evidence

Reiger Park 2-Year-Old Toddler’s Alleged Rapist Released Due To A Lack Of Evidence. A man was apprehended for allegedly sexually assaulting a two-year-old in Reiger Park in Johannesburg.

A man was apprehended for allegedly sexually assaulting a two-year-old in Reiger Park in Johannesburg. The man was released from custody because there supposedly wasn’t sufficient evidence, according to Tuesday reports. The family of the young girl and residents reportedly stood for hours at the Magistrate’s Court in Boksburg on Monday, where he was set to be.

The prosecutors at the court told the court that the issue wouldn’t be put on the roll. Phindi Mjonondwane, the National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson, states that the issue was not put on the roll. “Al I can say is that prosecutors said the information in the docket was not enough to place matter on the roll. We took the docket back to the SAPS with instructions on what to do,” says Mjonondwane. The issue is undergoing further examinations. When the examinations are done, the case will reportedly be brought back to the National Prosecuting Authority for a conclusion.

The 2-year-old toddler was allegedly raped on Tuesday by the mother’s boyfriend, when the mother was at work at the time and left the child in the care of the man. The child reportedly started to behave weirdly on Tuesday evening and was sent to the hospital. It was allegedly found out that the child had been sexually assaulted. The man was apprehended on Friday for the sexual assault allegation.

by Alexandra Ramaite