The Lion King is a 2019 American photorealistic computer-animated musical film directed and ….. Beyoncé also produced and curated an album titled The Lion King: The Gift, which features “Spirit”, as well as songs inspired by the film.
The film was theatrically released in the United States on July 19, 2019, and has grossed $543 million worldwide, becoming the seventh highest-grossing film of 2019. It received mixed reviews, with praise for its visual effects, musical score and vocal performances, but criticism for the lack of originality and facial emotion on the characters.
The Lion King is currently the must-see movie across the world, and Spotify has taken a look at how listeners are enjoying the film’s soundtrack – new and old. In the past week, there has been almost a 50% increase in the listening of both the 2019 soundtrack, which came out July 11th, and the film’s original 1994 hit soundtrack.
- “MOOD 4 EVA” – Jay-Z, Childish Gambino
- “BROWN SKIN GIRL” – SAINt JHN, Wizkid, Blue Ivy Carter
- “SPIRIT” – From Disney’s “The Lion King”
- “ALREADY” – Shatta Wale, Major Lazer
- “FIND YOUR WAY BACK”
- “NILE” – Kendrick Lamar
- “JA ARA E” – Burna Boy
- “DON’T JEALOUS ME” – Tekno, Yemi Alade, Mr Eazi, Lord Afrixana
- “MY POWER” – Tierra Whack, Moonchild Sanelly, Nija, Busiswa, DJ Lag, Yemi Alade